Monday, March 10, 2008

The Death of the Yellow March Sock


ok. I love the yarn. The cotton sock yarn and the funny colour made me really look forward to knit this month's "Sockalong" sock. Until I was given the pattern. Only some centimeters ahead I started to hate the whole thing. Maybe i didn't like the pattern? Or the combination of the pattern and the yarn? But i told myself to give it another try, sometimes the project will surprise you at the end. After 15 centimeters and a heel, i gave up. I have frogged it several times to see if it would help with thinner needles, thicker needles, metal needles, circular needles, bamboo needles, tighter knitting, looser knitting, become more broadminded, more tolerant... nothing helped. Rest in peace, yellow sock, you will not be walking anywhere.

So I started to experiment to find a way to use the pattern (which looked lovely in all other peoples works than mine) in a more appealing way to me.


After some experimenting, I am now making it this way. A white sock with green and blue circles. With a bit chunkier yarn and thinner needles then recommended. I am still not really comfortable with these socks, and struggle with my more or less unnessecary use of three colours, but I am done frogging this sock.

Mønsteret strikkes sånn:
Legg opp 64 masker (2,5-pinne-størrelsegarn) eller 56 masker (pinne 3)
Rekke 1-3 strikk vrangt
Rekke 4-10 *Strikk 3, plukk av to masker (som om du skal strikke vrangmaske, men med tråden bak arbeidet), strikk 3* gjenta. Se på bildet over, du skal ha seks strikkede og to opp-plukkete masker)
Rekke11-13 strikk vrangt
Rekke 14 til 20 Plukk av en maske, *strikk 6, plukk av 2* strikk til det er en maske igjen, plukk 1 maske av.
Strikk til du har så lang sokk du vil ha, slutt av med tre rekker vrangt.
Så strikker du hel og fot og tå. Originaloppskriften har forsterket hel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sokkene blir nok bra til slutt.

Takk for hilsen i bloggen min. Jeg har mye å gjøre om dagen, så jeg tror jeg dropper SnB'en i dag, men vi ses nok neste gang isteden.

God påske!